SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
leesmom3

Brutally honest to DH about SD...

leesmom3
14 years ago

I have spent about an hour reading over posts here and it seems as if some of you give advice about like I do....brutally honest. I appreciate any advice and comments on my situation...

My DH and I have been married for a little over a year and it was love at first sight, he is the man of my dreams and could ask for nothing more from him, he is perfect in my eyes. He has joint custody of his DD who is 8 y/o and has primary living rights with us. He and his ex have been to court 4 times in past 3 yrs trying to change custody on both parts, but court seems to think its the best arrangement. She is with us during school time and with her mom every weekend and most of summer. Problem arises here....my SD's BM is not the greatest influence on this child. She is an ex stripper, dresses very scantily, drinks and parties heavily, and is absolutely a hypochondriac over EVERYTHING. My DH just ignored most of the problems with his DD and the influences of is ex the BM on the DD's dressing, music, smart mouth, and lies, because he was a single father and worked most of the time. Now that I am here to point it all out, I feel terrible for pointing it all out. He saw her as perfect and a princess and now I feel as if I have put a cloud over their relationship. SD leaves for summer and my DH can call and call and she will never return any of his calls, however, she will call his mom and dad daily. She is supposed to come every other weekend and has said she didn't want to too many things going on at moms house. She never wants to be with us, she could care less if she see's him or talks to him and I finally had enought tonight and told him the truth as I see it. Now I could kick myself for it. This is what I said... She only wants to be here when we are doing something she likes or going somewhere she is interested in, she never calls you she never says I love you, she is only here to see her friends at school and her grandparents across town, if she is not the center of attention or put on a pedistal she is not happy, in other words she is an ungreatful spoiled brat. She dresses like a mini stripper, she listens to music I wouldn't let my kids listen to(before anyone asks - her mom supplies the clothes and music), she smart mouths me and my 3 kids and I am sick of her disrupting the household. He backs me on everything, but now says he is ready to let her go before anything comes between us. I hate it and I can't take it back, but he had to see the writing on the wall.

Comments (5)