SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wantingafamily

Trapped

wantingafamily
14 years ago

Hello Everyone,

I feel very overwhelmed and trapped right now. I don't know what to do. SD does not like me; hasn't since her dad and I got married. My husband divorced his ex because she does drugs, doesn't work, and steals. SD has some of her mother's characteristics (but not the drugs). She lives on and off with mom, mom's boyfriend, and her boyfriend (Her boyfriend and mom's boyfriend are father/son STRANGE STORY). Anyway, none of them have jobs. When they get jobs they either quit or get fired for stealing or not showing up.

When SD is away I feel relieved, but sad because my husband is hurt. When SD is here I feel stressed, sick to my stomach, and a little scared.

Today we went over to my parents house. My husband invite SD. She brought her boyfriend to my parents house for the first time. My parents were not very happy because I've told them some stories about what goes on with that lot. But what was I going to say...No you can't come. Anyway we were playing cards and she said she and her boyfriend were going to go watch TV. I notice them going all through out the house so I went to the bathroom. I think I startled them when I found them coming out of my parents bedroom. I think she was showing him around the house, but I don't know for sure. The point is I really don't trust her or her friends. I don't like living like this, but I got myself into this mess. Now I ended up getting my poor parents involved. I just hope they weren't casing their place.

I feel so trapped. I don't know what to do. I don't like that she has a key to our house and knows the password for our alarm. I don't like that she's at our home doing who knows what while we are at work. And now I don't like that she was snooping around my parents house with her boyfriend.

When she is gone it is somewhat better for me, but not much because my husband is not happy with her gone. Therefore he can not be happy with me. Deep down I think he blames me for her not living with us all the time. We went through so much with her at the beginning of our marriage. I don't know if our relationship can be repaired. Plus I am on a constant roller coaster not knowing when she will show up again. I hate living like this. I have been hoping for her to make beter life choices, but it hasn't happened. I don't know if this will ever happen. I do know she is his daughter and he will always love her and accept her for whatever she becomes and she will always be in his life. With that in mind I don't know if I want to continue to be in his life. I am so tired of this. I don't know what to do.

We have a son together who needs both of his parents... Who I don't want to put through a divorce. Who if we got divorced would surly be left unsupervised around SD and friends when my husband got visitation...Listen to me I'm talking like I want a divorce...I still love my husband and my son needs both of us...How can we make this work???...

Comments (7)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio