SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mommy08_gw

Need advice please....stepson!

mommy08
12 years ago

I am 25 and I think I have had enough of my 9 year old stepson. I have tried everything to show all the love and respect to him. I think he is at the age where he knows what the situation is as far as his parents go. I have known him since he has been 2. When everyone said it only gets worse as they get older, yes they were right. I have also a 2 year old and a 1 year old with my husband. We are a happy family during the week, but when my stepson comes over it is nothing but arguing and fighting. My stepson is rude, disrespectful, spoiled brat, just plain evil. I understand that he comes from a split home. I just don't think believe that just because he comes from a split home, Me and my children have to be a victim of hid bs every weekend. My husband is blind to how bad he is. Even when friends and family have confronted him on this. Let's take a short example. I went to pick him up from his mother's house last weekend. He gets in the car is swearing, than when am driving he thrashes his shoes at my head. Than proceeds to start kicking my head with his bare feet. Hard. Please understand that I try to raise my voice and lay my foot down he just does not care. So I called my husband and told him how he was acting. We got home he just looks at my stepson and said Hi how are you!! Personally, I think that after I try to take care of this situation and my SS still continues to disrespect me. It's husband's job as a parent to take care of his disrespect to me. My husband does not care if anything he will raise his voice a bit and it's over no consequences. How will my SS ever learn.? We argued over the phone while I was out shopping, because I did not want to come home to my nasty stepchild. I am up to my head of every weekend putting up with this. It's eating me inside.I come home because my mother in law talked with me and convinced me to come home. There he is playing Wii, by the way when I was on the phone earlier with my husband upset my SS was on the laptop. I feel that I can't take this anymore am not being selfish please understand that.It's to the point when I know he's coming over I get sick to my stomach. Even if he's not coming till Sat it's in my head all week that I have to see him. To add he hates my 1 and 2 year old. Is nasty to them. They don't know better they just want to be loved and accepted by him. I will not be like other selfish people and dare tell my husband to pick between me and my stepson. I would never do that......I have tried everything to make this situation work but it is wearing on me now health wise.I know you can't make some one feel something they don't for you.But what he did in the car is a glimpse of what I have to deal with every week.Thank you for your help sorry so long:)

Comments (10)