Return to the Stepfamily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My husband cheated on me with the ex and now I resent my step son

Posted by day570 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 9, 09 at 22:17

My husband cheated on me nearly 2 years ago with the mother of his child. We have attended counciling and I thought I was over it. We recently had a child of our own and now that she is here I find myself not wanting my step son in my life as he reminds me of his mother. I don't want anything to do with either of them and I want her out of my life. Of course this is not going to happen, and I dont actually want my Step son put of my life as I do love him. I am just feeling so torn and confused and dont know what to do!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My husband cheated on me with the ex and now I resent my step

Get back into counseling ASAP! I don't think your feelings are unusual nor do I think you are a terrible person for feeling that way, but if you don't deal with the hurt & anger you have, it will destroy you... your life & your marriage.

There is very little that a forum like this can do to help you with this problem, I think it will really take professional help.

o

Ima's right --
I can understand where you're coming from, but if you don't *genuinely* get through it, it will destroy everything you care about.

o

I second Ima and Sweeby.

(((HUGS))) to you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stepfamily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here