SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
imamommy

In court today... update on 'those damn pants!'

imamommy
14 years ago

Unfortunately, there is nothing too juicy to report... nothing to report at all, except the economy may be in for a boost with the amount of money this stupid thing is costing everyone.

BM hired an attorney... an attorney that I've been asked to do work for. I may have actually served papers for him once.. not sure, his office has been so flaky that they usually cancel at the last minute, once when I showed up to get the papers. Hope it's just his office staff that's flaky & not him. Poor guy has no idea he will never see a dime beyond his retainer.... (anyway, his office has been on my list of 'tell him I'm too busy if he calls' clients for some time now)

Anyway, as I mentioned in another thread... BM drove a six hour round trip on a Wednesday to bring SD to mediation. Funny how she won't drive it on Friday to get her after school or during the weeks when she had track and wanted mom to come watch her.... hmmm, funny. Anyways, surprisingly SD had nothing nice to say about our house or us... all bad stuff. I'm sure BM didn't coach her to say those things. A mom would NEVER do that!! Right?

We got the mediation report and no recommendation. BM and DH apparently agreed to a full psychological evaluation (In CA it's called a 3111 evaluation) and so today, that's what the court ordered. He ordered DH and BM to split the cost of the evaluation, which I understand costs around $2000. Just great! DH doesn't have the money for that... BM filed the case.... DH thinks things should stay the same... but he has to pay half! SUCKS! (sucks more since I will pay his half because I am not letting him put it on a credit card and it has to be paid up front) I am dying to see how BM is going to pay her half~ lmao.

Let's get this straight. She CHOSE to move away 2 years ago. She has limited her own time/contact with her kids, yet blames me & DH. She wasn't asked to pay support for nearly a year and when she was finally ordered to pay a measely $216 a month, she refused. DCSS threatened to make her seek work. She got a job & started paying $61 a week. (but not every week, she skips one her & there) Then, DCSS filed to get an order so she has to pay her arrears... she runs out the same week and files for custody. She is making the SAME allegations she made in the first trial BEFORE she moved, that me and my kids mistreat her daughter. The only difference is this time, she has coached SD to repeat those allegations (convincingly I might add) to the mediator. So, she thought it was going to be easy to convince a mental health professional that they should uproot SD and just give her back to BM, just cuz BM says so.... two years later! Now she has hired an attorney... our is $300 an hour, hers looks like he might get at least $200-250 an hour. He was in court almost 3 hours this morning, plus he traveled from an hour away... so add 3 hours travel time... maybe today cost her $800-1000 plus he had to have prepared her papers. Now she has been ordered to pay half of the evaluation, another $1000+. and she is going through all this expense because she doesn't want to give DH the $3500 she owes him in back support. CRAZY!!!

Her new allegations.... in mediation, she tells the mediator that our car was shot at with SD inside. DH tells her no, the window shattered and no glass even got on SD. We were all scared but nothing we can do, we were just driving down the road. (BTW, I found three other police reports during the same week in the same location with similar incidents... so it was probably kids throwing rocks or using a slingshot) Well, now BM filed a new declaration saying SD was 'nearly struck by a bullet' while I was serving someone and if DH wants to risk his life, fine... but SD should not be subjected to being shot at. ARE YOU KIDDING ME WOMAN???? THE ROCK HIT OUR CAR IN FEBRUARY AND IT'S BARELY BEING MENTIONED NOW???? She didn't even mention it in her first declaration where she mentioned the missing pants!

C'mon.... who wants to trade crazy BM's with me??? Anyone???

Comments (10)