SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovehadley

Timing could not be worse

lovehadley
14 years ago

SS has a big bruise on his collar-bone.

UGHHHHH.

We had my dad over for dinner tonight and we were bbq-ing in the backyard. SS & DD were playing next door (right across fence) on the neighbor's swingset. They have two kids and they all frequently play together, more so this summer, it seems.

Their parents were out in their yard, as well, doing yardwork. My dad and DH were standing at the fence watching the kids and chatting w/the neighbors.

Anyway, according to DH, DD went down the slide--SS was at the bottom, he had gotten off, and DD started to slide before he was out of the way--and then SS kind of laid down on the bottom of the slide, facing up and DD's foot slammed into his shoulder/collarbone area.

There is a substantial bruise.

OF COURSE. This would totally be our luck.

DH took a picture, documented what happened, and it's fine--the neighbors saw, my dad saw, everyone did---HA, actually, except me because I was in the kitchen cooking! But I am sure BM will make sure to plant the idea in SS's head that I did this.

I am not really worried because we KNOW what happened and so does SS---but given BM's mental state of mind right now, I am sure she will just run with this.

Comments (4)