Return to the Stepfamily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Timing could not be worse

Posted by lovehadley (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 14, 09 at 22:14

SS has a big bruise on his collar-bone.

UGHHHHH.

We had my dad over for dinner tonight and we were bbq-ing in the backyard. SS & DD were playing next door (right across fence) on the neighbor's swingset. They have two kids and they all frequently play together, more so this summer, it seems.

Their parents were out in their yard, as well, doing yardwork. My dad and DH were standing at the fence watching the kids and chatting w/the neighbors.

Anyway, according to DH, DD went down the slide--SS was at the bottom, he had gotten off, and DD started to slide before he was out of the way--and then SS kind of laid down on the bottom of the slide, facing up and DD's foot slammed into his shoulder/collarbone area.

There is a substantial bruise.

OF COURSE. This would totally be our luck.

DH took a picture, documented what happened, and it's fine--the neighbors saw, my dad saw, everyone did---HA, actually, except me because I was in the kitchen cooking! But I am sure BM will make sure to plant the idea in SS's head that I did this.

I am not really worried because we KNOW what happened and so does SS---but given BM's mental state of mind right now, I am sure she will just run with this.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Timing could not be worse

The timing does stink. But there are plenty of witnesses to what happened and you were nowhere to be found. Maybe call the officer that came to your home the other day, or the social worker and ask them how to document the accident??

Then when ss goes home be sure to have hubby tell her what happend and that it was already documented so she does not have to spend her time making up another bs story!(and I am a smartie pants and would actually say just that! LOL)

o

Or maybe LET her try to pin it on you --
Since you have all those witnesses.
That will further damage her credibility...

o

Oh Sweeby I like your thinking!!! I had not even thought of that. Great idea!

o

Heehee. Sweeby, that is a great idea, and actually is what we did. :)

The bruise did not look nearly as bad this morning---it's about the size of a quarter, nothing big, whereas yesterday the whole shoulder area was more red.

Anyway, since it doesn't look bad, DH figured he would not tell BM and let her flip her wig. We did take a pic of it.

My dad would totally be willing to tell the police or CPS what he saw happen if it came to that.

DH agreed---the more nutty BM makes herself look, the better.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stepfamily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here