SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thurman_gw

Adult stepdaughter week

thurman
11 years ago

Hi folks~

The adult stepdaughter arrived on Monday. She is leaving Sunday. It was, all in all, not a bad week. Mostly minor irritants each day, quickly gotten over. Happy the week went bye and sure glad it is over.

One major irritant. My wife decided to have folks over on Friday. The S/D decides she is going to "greet" guests and walk them to their car, tell them they can take platters home, act like she is a co-owner of our home when she is simply a one-week visitor, etc. It was almost like she and my wife were the spouses. It was sickening. She just does not know her place.

Wife is to blame. Once I told a guest they could take a platter and she became unglued telling me "it's not your place, the kitchen is my domain!" and words to that effect. And not very nicely. Yet her daughter does it without any inhibition. I tried to tell my wife to get her in line...but to no avail...the kid helped my wife in the kitchen all day, so she does see her as the co-host more than me. Imagine that?

Oh well, this drive to the airport tomorrow should be fun...my cheering and glee will be endless, but silent.

Comments (20)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler