Return to the Stepfamily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for stepparents...

Posted by tilly300 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 16, 09 at 22:10

Hi everyone!

I am a stepmum of a 12yo boy, but I am also completing a PhD in Psychology (at Deakin University, Melbourne, Australia) investigating the difficulties associated with being a stepparent compared to being a biological parent. I'm currenting looking for stepparents to complete an online questionnaire that takes about 20 mins.

The link to the survey is:
www.deakin.edu.au/psychology/research/family

I would greatly appreciate your help with this research. As a stepparent myself I know the challenges that most stepparents experience, and I hope that my research in some way helps to support stepfamilies.

Thanks for your help!

Tilsa.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for stepparents...

bump

o
RE: Looking for stepparents...

I actually took this survey and I found it interesting.

The only thing I did not like about it was that it took ~30 minutes and the whole thing was on one page; it would have been better to have an option to hit continue after each section and go to another screen to "save" the work. I was terrified that I would answer all the Q's and then lose my connection, hitting "submit" only to find an error page, navigate back and lose the work. Luckily though, it did not happen! I did go to grad school in Australia, though, so I had heard of Deakin Uni and knew it to be actual/reputable.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stepfamily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here