SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stewart12_gw

Violent stepson

stewart12
10 years ago

I have been with my partner 16 yrs she has two children from a previous marriage both siblings have shown violent abusive behaviour towards us the stepdaughter has moved out she is 24 and makes up fake illnesses to get attention the stepson is 20 and works he does pay towards the rent however he smokes weed and I'm sure he takes other drugs but not heroin last year he stabbed a knife into his leg he was drunk at the time the police and ambulance were called the wound was not serious i said to my partner he needs to go and he nearly did but she talked me out of it he has had many appointments to get mental help anger management but has refused to go more than once he will not admit that he has a problem this kind of behaviour has been going on for 7 years he has threatened us both with a knife and said that he is going to hurt us he has assaulted both of us both occasions we did not pursue him being charged I have a 12 year old son who is very mature and balanced in his life he cares for both his brother and sister but my partner and I believe enough is enough the ss smokes in his bedroom and this is not on he thinks because he is paying money towards rent and food he can do what he wants well we have both decided to give him a months notice to move out this will be very difficult as he thinks that we will not do it if you have been in similar situations and have constructive advice it will be more than welcome their father has not been I their life on a regular basis and has openly criticised us to the stepchildren when they were younger I feel this may have some bearing on their behaviour my partner and I are not saints but we both have tried our best to be there for both of them and at their age I would like to see more maturity from them otherwise society will not accept the way the are in the future

Comment (1)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler