SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
afamilyofroses

Anyone knows about this please help me

Afamilyofroses
12 years ago

I am preparing to go through the adoption of my step children. Their father is consenting to the adoption however I am not sure if it will go as planned. I have a past conviction for a misdemeanor. I was in the middle of a divorce with my ex wife and she left me and moved to PA. I was then asked to reconcile which I promptly packed the house and when I went to put our dog in the car he bolted. I searched but ended up having to leave the state which left the dog as a runaway. We then divorced and I returned to AZ. I remarried soon after and was then arrested for a failure to appear. Well the dog returned to the former house a few days later after I was gone. They charged me with animal cruelty of abandonment however I never knew it until I was arrested a yr later. I agreed to the charges because the dog was my responsibility. My wife was pregnant (an at risk of loosing our baby) and I just wanted to move on with my life so I paid the fine. Now I am afraid that this might make me unacceptable to adopt my step children. They have been living with their mother (my wife) and I for over 2 yrs and I was excited for them to ask me to adopt them. I do not want to hurt their feelings if it cant be done. Do you think this will affect my chances at the step parent adoption? (This is the only thing on my record btw)

Comments (11)

Sponsored
WM Design Studio, LLC.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
Loudoun County's Skilled Residential Architect | 4X Best of Houzz!