SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
imamommy

I guess this is Good Bye...my last update.

imamommy
11 years ago

First, I want to say that I am grateful for this site. The ladies here are, for the most part, supportive & positive. I appreciate all the perspectives and opinions that have been shared with me over the years, even ones I didn't want to hear or necessarily agree with. Yes, KKNY ~ you too. Thank you all.

This is my last update because... well, SD13 is out of my life. She went to BM's for summer. DH is still there but he's approved for a house & just waiting to get the keys & move in... hopefully by next week. We're splitting things fairly amicably... he's a nit picker & being a little petty but I'm pretty much agreeing so he can just leave. I did set my foot down & told him SD is not coming here again so he's let BM keep her until he gets moved into his new place. End of that story.

My week took an unexpected turn on Wednesday. My daughter in law suddenly died. We are awaiting autopsy results but she had recently been suffering from Bulimia and has dealt with alcoholism since her teens. She was only 22, the same age as my DD. I'm quite devestated & didn't expect to feel this way. Her & I were not close but I really did think of her like a daughter since most of her family wants nothing to do with her... I won't pretend it's been easy, she is bi polar & has been difficult to deal with but I did my best for DGS3's sake. She was supposed to come pick him up on Thursday but instead, I am planning her services & writing her obituary. Unfortunately, it has fallen on me to handle the arrangements because my son is in shock & really can't think straight. When my son called her mom, she said she was busy & would call him back. She never called but sent him a text message asking when the service is? They have not offered to help in any way (except the grandparents that she was living with). They were out of state & came back when they heard.

So, for now I am trying to get through this next week. DH will be moving out & we will put DIL to rest. DGS3 doesn't yet know since he doesn't really ask for her because her visits have been fairly infrequent. At the moment, I am trying to figure out if he is old enough to understand any of it. We are having an open casket service & want DGS to have an opportunity to say goodbye but I don't want him to be traumatized either, by seeing her "sleeping". Any thoughts?

Comments (33)