SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wild_thing

It is summer

wild_thing
14 years ago

Well the kids just got done with school on the fifth. Yay. Sort of.

We got report cards in the mail the other day. My DS got great grades, very proud of him. He brought up his grades to all A's and two B's. He actually had a D in english at semester and a C in science and I ripped into him about it and he pulled a B out of both the classes. yay!

SD was supposed to get at least C's on her report card. Because she had D's and F's at semester. Well, she ended up with three D's and the rest C's. Not exactly great. Not sure yet if she can still do summer school since she got D's, which are considered passing. School called last week and left a message that she is on a wait list, there are no computers available. but that is just because she had to sing up early for summer school with the F's on her semester report. DH is supposed to call and find out more.

So she is supposed to be working since she blew her grades, and we let her keep the job. Well, for some reason, she is only on the schedule for the weekends still. No extra hours. For last week, or for the new week. I didn't think anything of it last week, but now that the new schedule came out and she is still on the weekend hours. I am thinking, ok...either they want her to quit, or she has not asked for the additional hours. When asked, she just shrugs, and says she doesn't know. She wrote them a note and asked for more hours but nothing. A note?!!! WTF?!! I am so smelling a lie.

So, she has been hanging out at home, sleeping till past noon. Lucky if she will get dressed before 2 in the afternoon. No, it isn't depression. She just wants to be up late trying to watch television etc and sleep all freakin' day. Oh, and she manages to get "let off work" early cuz they have too many people at least one day of her weekends. So she is lucky if she is getting 12-15 hours a week. But she will say that they are shorthanded too. ??? Which is it? I am thinking she doesn't want to even work now.

But yet, she is asking us how much lap top computers cost because she wants one. Yeah, then she would never leave her room.

Right now she is supposed to be doing laundry (no clean clothes running around in pj's) and her regular chores. It isn't happening. She asked to do laundry but it will take her the entire day to do 4 loads of laundry. Dishes are still sitting in the sink. She just goes off to her room. But she will come out and do them before her dad gets home. She wouldn't want dad to see. If he was here he wouldn't put up with it, but since it is just me, she just does as little as she can get away with.

Love that passive aggression.

Oh and for those that just think its step mom vs step kids...my son is out job hunting as well, and he has daily chores he has to get done as well as some extras. So it isn't just the poor step kid being "picked on". Oh, and the 6 year old has chores too. Not the baby so much, but we are teaching him to pick up his toys.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Longhouse Architects
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Prominent Architecture Firm Creating Cohesive Designs