SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
appleshell

SS drew inappropriate picture of my parents!

appleshell
14 years ago

Hi All,

I just stumbled across this forum and was hoping to get some insite about a picture my 12 year old SS drew of my parents, which are his grand parents.

Background: My husband and I have been together for almost 5 years, married for almost 3. I have 2 kids that live with us. A daughter who is 15 and my son is 10. My 12 year old SS stays with us every other weekend, and much more during the summer. For the most part I feel we have a very good relationship. I always make sure he is included in everything when he is with us. He is very loving and affectionate with me, and has called me Mom since almost the beginning. We have our moments when I need to put him in his place, but I do the same with my own kids. We all know, kids need an attitute check once in a while.

For Fathers Day, I bought the kids cards for their Dad and Grandpa's. My SS drew on the envelope for my Dad, which I was ticked about because I was planning on mailing his card. We then made plans to see my Parents this past weekend, so I held onto the card to give to him in person.

Yesterday, I pulled out the card from my bag, and was about to present it to my dad when I realized what the picture was. It was of my dad standing next to another woman (not my mom). Then he drew my mom off to the side with steam coming out of her head, and a question mark over my dad's head as if he was saying "What"??? .

My parents have been married for 36 years. As soon as I realized what he had drew, I lost it! I confronted him with the picture and he said it was a joke. I explained to him that I felt it was not at all funny, and completely inappropriate!

My husband did not see the picture, but I was really upset all day about it, and last night I explained to him how I was hurt by it. He's planning on talking to his son tonight to explain to him why it was wrong, and to see if he could get any reasoning out of him why he would draw a picture like that.

What is your take on this?

Comments (8)