SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom_of_4

first lieing not brutally honest

mom_of_4
12 years ago

I posted a while back that I was incredibly fed up with the lieing going on with our two oldest. The younger ss is still lieing daily. I still have no idea what to do about it except to keep calling him on it and maintaining the promise of what would happen if they lied. However, now the older ss has stopped lieing to an extent but his answers make my head spin. For example I found out at the end of the school year he didnt do a research paper for his english class. I asked why didnt you do this (note that the iep teacher took him out of two classes so he could do it and he still didnt do it) And his answer was "I didnt feel like it" Okay, so he didnt make up some lie... But, I didn't feel like it?! Oh man, I couldnt believe my ears. But, I had to take a deep breath because I keep telling them that lieing makes things worse and telling the truth is better and if they at least told the truth they wouldnt be in as much trouble. But, now what do I do? I ended telling him I well in that case I don't feel like feeding you today. So, when dinner came around I called everyone else but him. I called him a few minutes after dinner had started because I really wasnt going to not feed him but I felt like that might be just as shocking to his system as hearing he didnt feel like doing his school work. But, really I am at a loss as to what to do. Right now both boys are in summer school (younger one because he didnt do his work and actually failed and older one because he needs extra help in reading) but I seriously can not do this for another school year. Anyone with any suggestions would be helpful. Oh and btw they are 12 and 14.

Comments (17)