SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wild_thing

SD ...so fed up

wild_thing
14 years ago

My sd is a piece of work. I am so tired of it. ARRRRRGGGG!!!!! She is 16. A sophomore in h/s. Has a part time job. Doesn't talk to her mom, or her older brother.

She has been in counseling for 3 months or so. Every week.

The only thing that has been accomplished there is that she knows her mom is a first class as*hole now.

As far as the having friends, bringing her grades up, listening at home, and changing her attitude.....not so much.

She talks to a friend on the phone (usually only when we leave the house?:) . Suppose that is a step. @@ Still doesn't do crap for a 16 year old girl. No movies, no mall, no hanging out, etc....but the few times she did....she always had fun. Go figure. She isn't one of those loner kids either, cuz she always wants to 'get people's attention' by what she wears etc. She was also mixed up with the gang kids and we suspect still does talk to them. Counselor has no insight on this matter either. She doesn't "get it" any better than we do. About the not wanting to be around her friends more. Because she is very defensive to say she has a lot of friends but won't invite anyone over etc.

Oh an example of her friends....two juniors...no biggie, but...one has a car...she has already skipped classes to go out to lunch with them. Then they wanted her to go to Denver Colorado with them one weekend...ROFL!! So was not going to happen! But where in the world are these girls parents??? No clue. Even her counselor laughed when she brought up wanting to drive to another state with her great friends. LOL. Same two girls wanted her to get a hotel room for her birthday. NOT!!!

As far as grades...well school will be done on Friday...some classes are doing finals this last week, some are finished already. I looked at my son's grades online yesterday (he had a couple to bring up as well, and I am happy to say he did) so I checked out hers as well, cuz after all she keeps telling dh and counselor that she is doing her work and turning stuff in and doing the make up work blah blah blah..... yeah.....that is why she still has D's in three classes and an F in another. I was floored. These teachers are just stupid as hell too!! We made her join a club....trying to get her to expand her horizons.....a few weeks back they went on a field trip for the end of the year.....yeah, they were gone all freakin' day!!!!! Since when do they let kids who are failing classes go on all day field trips???? The teachers signed off on this too!!! I was pissed! DH thought it was just a half a day thing. They didn't even come back until after 4. They went clear to the mountains. She knew this, didn't say anything to us....and her dumb as* wore shorts, and a tank top.....yeah..hello...our mountains still have snow that is 6 feet high. lol....she had to tromp through the snow and scraped up her legs in the hard snow. Duh!!!!

She is already signed up for summer school. She didn't even try to bring her grades up. She says she has, but there is no possible way she even tried...not even one iota!!! My son had the same amount of time to bring two grades up, and he managed to do it. She either stayed the same or got worse!

Yeah, the slips she was supposed to bring home on Fridays, signed by each teacher about her progress etc....she hasn't done that in forever.....oh and can you even imagine that she had that many subs???? Dh asked her last night why she hadn't been bringing those home....just got the same big doe eyed sad face and shrug. Tears always work don't they??? ARGGGG!

No one holds this kid responsible. Not even her freakin dad! It makes me so mad! Plus, there is nothing to be done for consequences! How do you give consequences for not following through on things, when the kids doesn't do a damn thing??????? That is my biggest question. I know that is why she just keeps doing the same thing over and over.

This kid loves to be lazy. It is a way of life for her. That is what her mom taught her. Let others do the work for you...you take the easy way out of things.

If things are too hard, she just gives up. Flat quits. It is just sickening to me. sick sick sick. Because this is the way it is with even the most simple of tasks with her.

I don't know....I am just fed up with her. I do not think that counseling is even working with her. So far it just seems to be a waste of time and money. Nothing has changed in 3 plus months....unless you count how dh and I have tried to be more accommodating to her in order to help nurture some change....nope....didn't help at all, she just started taking advantage and doing even less if you can imagine.

Comments (14)