SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovehadley

Parenting plan question

lovehadley
14 years ago

BM has had SS the last three 4th of Julys.

The first two (of those 3) were before they had gone to court, and the holiday just happened to fall on one of BM's days. Last 4th of July was on DH's day, but it was in the midst of the court battle, and BM had kept their son for three weeks per the advice of her attorney. It was devastating for DH as he had never been apart from his son for more than 3 nights. :(

So BM "stole" last 4th of July from DH.

This year---the 4th falls on BM's weekend. BUT in the parenting plan, the 4th is DH's holiday this year.

Up until now, DH and BM have not followed the plan regarding holidays at all. They have been cooperative, and have shared Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, as they always have done, regardless of "whose holiday" it was.

BUT for the 4th this year--DH is adamant that he WILL get his son. We have not taken him to see the parade or fireworks since he was 4!

BM apparently has not read the parenting plan AT ALL and doesn't realize that the 4th is DH's holiday.

He is planning on telling her this soon, and we expect her to flip out about it.

My question---can DH pick and choose which holidays/days to exercise? I am afraid that BM is going to say, "well, you let me have him on Christmas Eve and that was your day" etc.

Or does he have the right to exercise it anytime he wants?

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor