SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovehadley

Does this make me sound nutty?

lovehadley
14 years ago

Because I feel nutty!

I swear---I let BM and her antics take up so much space in my mind, and then I get mad at myself for allowing her so much control over my thoughts!

She texted DH over the weekend about our pool pass for SS. DH ended up talking to her last night about pick-up today and she brought it up again. Bottom line, she wants to use the pool facilities in our municipality. We get annual family passes to our community pool; literally, it's about 3 blocks from our house and we are there on average 3x a week.

You cannot get in unless you are a resident of our community OR if you are a guest of a resident. Residents have to go get pool ID cards and then we always buy the whole package deal that allows us unlimited pool visits. (roughly $85/person, which winds up being a great deal b/c otherwise it is $8/visit.)

Anyway, BM asked DH if she could go as SS's guest, and if she could get his pool pass card.

DH told her no and BM said she was just going to call and see if she could pay for an extra card.

UMMMMMMM, NO.

WE bought the pool pass for US and OUR FAMILY, not for BM to use with her son when he is with her. And secondly--and probably more importantly--I am not about to have to worry about running into BM at the darn pool! I take my DD there 2 or 3 times a week when SS is not with us, and I do NOT want to run into BM! I re-read my order of protection on her and it clearly states she is not allowed to be anywhere that I am, unless it is an extracurricular or school event for SS. I would assume this applies to a pool facility, particularly one where SHE is not a resident and I am.

I LIVE in this town, BM lives 25 miles away and could easily take SS to HER pool. In fact, there IS a pool in her community that she could totally use and DH pointed that out to her, but she said it's too expensive.

So now I am all worried about her showing up at our pool. I mean, technically, I really don't think she CAN. That pool pass does not belong to her, it is under OUR family's last name, and I have the actual physical card. I am tempted to call the management office and have them note the account that no copies of the card are to be issued, and especially that SS's card is not to be used unless he's with us.

Thoughts? DH thinks she is just all talk and that she wouldn't try to do this, but knowing her---I am not so sure! And really---if she did do it, and I was with my DD and did run into BM w/SS at the pool, I would want to call the police and enforce my order---but that would be terrible to do w/SS because it means he would have to leave, as well. :(

Comments (14)