SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lamom_gw

Grown SS wants wild grandson to live with us!

lamom
14 years ago

I haven't posted here for a while but I still read posts. My SS29 has two sons SGS8 and SGS2. DH and I have our own son, DS6. As some of you might remember, he is in treatment for cancer.

SGS8 has many emotional problems, has been kicked out or suspended from school many times and is generally hard to handle. SS29 recently told his gf, DH and SD35 that he can no longer handle his own son, will not live with his own son, and if "someone" in the family doesn't take SGS8 he will live in his car rather than live with his own family! SD35 has considered taking SGS8 but not committed so SS29 has now asked DH if 1. SGS8 can stay with us for the summer or 2. Can he SS29 himself stay with us.

As far as I am concerned both ideas are completely out of the question. After years of hot and cold treatment towards me, no concern for his young 1/2 brother who is still extremely ill and the very idea of abandoning his family there is NO WAY he will live in our home. DH has not pushed this but I said absolutely not as soon as he told me the ideas.

I'll be back in the category of the Evil Stepmother but now I don't care. If SS29 ends up living in his car, well, that's what he wants to do. They are eyeballing the extra bedroom we have without thinking at all about what it really means. These people are too much! His sister, SD35, also has an extra bedroom for either SGS8 or her brother. I just don't feel responsible for either of them. There was a time when I did but that's so behind me now.

Comments (17)