SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2_1sm2_1

Can I ever Trust Him?

mom2_1sm2_1
14 years ago

It has been a while since I spoke of my sons BD's lack of parenting, but now I am so frusterated and I need to vent....sorry this may be long.

A little catch up...... DS, now 2, was born 13 weeks early, has GERD, Failure to Thrive (he only weighs 20#,)Chronic Lung Disease, Dysphagia, and Gut Dysmotility. I have had problem almost from the begining with his dad's lack of parenting.

So over Memorial Day Weekend DS was at his dad's. The Thusday before he went he was weighed at the doctor's office before his intensive feeding therapy evaluation. The following Tuesday he was in the same office (it is a multi-disciplinary office)for his developmental appoiontment that he has every three months, there he was weighed again and he lost weight.

The doctor said that if Jordon doesn't gain enough weight within the next two weeks that he would be hopsitalized until he is at a health weight. I have always had suspisions that Jordon is not being taken care of properly while in his dad's care so I took him back in last Wednesday and Friday to be weighed so they can get a good idea how much he gains in two days. He gained about 2 ounces a day while in my care.

I took him back this morning to be weighed and he ended losing 6 ounces while at his dad's. Not only did he not lose, but he did not gain the 2 ounces per day either, so that is like a 10 ounce loss that he had just from a couple of days at his dad's.

Tomorrow is DS two week followup from before the holiday and I will find out if he has to be admitted again. I have documentation showing that he lost weight two weekend visits in a row and I also have documentation from his feeding therapy that he takes steps back after the weekend in his dad's custody. Would I be going too far if I went for having his parenting time limited or taken away? I feel my son has a right to know and see his father, but if he is not receiving the care there he should be than it is neglectful on my part to allow him to go. I just don't know what to do at this time.

Comments (10)