SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jjw265

15 year old Disrespectful Step daughter

jjw265
17 years ago

Let's see where do I begin... My husband, this is my second marriage just found a book where my step daughter wrote that I am a ***** and she wished that her dad would hurry up and die from a coronary (he just recently suffered a stroke). She has been spoiled since she was born and now thinks the world should revolve around her. She will not do anything anyone tells her without a big production. Her father gave her one chore and she rarely performs that. She has no respect for anyone and is completely out of control. She asks to spend the night with friends and then goes out to under 21 clubs. Her mother only wants to be her best friend, as does her dad, and they feel that if they upset her by making her be accountable for her actions that she will only rebel by running away. I do not know how to co-exist with her in my family without causing havoc. How do I handle this child knowing what she thinks about me and has no respect. By the way I have three grown sons, all whom have the utmost respect for everyone. Please can someone advise me on how to interact with her. At this point all I want to do is totally ignore her because I am afraid that I will say to her that I think she is a disrespectful, self-centered, spoiled brat. And I feel that this will not help matters. Please can anyone advise me on what to do?

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Art Masonry Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars132 Reviews
Loudon County's Hardscape and Landscape Expert in Outdoor Living