SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2emall

More family driving me crazy stuff

mom2emall
13 years ago

So my sister, the one who did not get married but let me and my other sister pay for her wedding shower so she could get presents before telling everyone the wedding was off, is making me soooo mad again!!!

I am having a garage sale. She rents one of our rental properties...it is a house with a 2 car garage. The garage has a storage area in it and when she was moving in I told her that I was leaving this long table that folded in the storage area so do not get rid of it. I also told her she could use the storage area (past tenants did not have access to this area).

So yesterday I tell her I am coming to get my table out of the storage for my garage sale. She asks if I am selling it and I told her no it was to put stuff on. She then says okay, but bring it back asap because she uses it!! I told her that it is mine and after my garage sale I would have room in my basement to store it so I was planning on keeping it here. I have big family get togethers a lot at my home and could really use it. She then got mad and told me I left it there so she assumed nobody wanted it and she uses it so how can I come take it!!!

I told her that I never told her she could keep it, in fact I told her I was storing it there. She then tried telling me that I was going to give the table to someone else and because she wanted it I was taking it. It all made no sense because I never talked about giving the table away ever!!!

So she finally told me she was not going to argue with me over it because she knew I would come take it anyways, but that she wanted to point out how awful it was of me to take the table back since she uses it!!!!

I am beyond irritated with her!! It is my table. And I am still stewing over the fact that I helped pay for a hoax of a wedding shower. Plus I am mad that she asked for her wedding gift from me up front to help her pay for her dress and she has not offered to pay me back. Just because her wedding is cancelled does not mean she should keep my wedding gift $.

Do you think I am wrong about wanting to take MY table??

Comments (5)