SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dotz_gw

Tell SS illness serious?(Misti)

dotz_gw
14 years ago

Hi Misti, Didnt want to jack Fathers Day thread..I think the kids feel since DH had 2 surgeries, problem solved, DH all fixed..What they dont realize is the damage sustained could cause a sudden death situation at anytime. Even DH doesnt want to see this, he often says to me, that second surgery(Pacemaker) was like an insurance policy, I didnt really need it..I can see he doesnt want to worry the kids, has the invincible, macho attitude.But I so agree, they would maybe treat him better if they didnt take the illness so lightly...It is a genetic illness(both parents died very young)DH had a pretty long term marriage, so I would think his Ex knows this and would take appropriate concern for her children..Altho I knew when I married DH his parents died young, he was well past the age when they died(Ten years), he appeared very healthy,I knew we would never have kids, I was blindsided when a year and a half into the marriage he got so sick..The genetic connection was never mentioned to me, only clear to me after he got sick..Anyway, if I tell the kids, I would feel I was betraying him, if he wants them to think alls well, who am I to take that away? I very well might handle it the same if I was sick, and didnt want to worry my DS...

Comments (3)