SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
helpwiththis

I have plans......

helpwiththis
14 years ago

So lately my sister who lives with us has been really lazy. She does not clean, I have to harp on her to do so. She does not even always watch her child when she is home. If I ask her to watch our kids or do me a favor it is like pulling teeth. I do 98% of the cleaning. I do all the cooking. I do all the grocery shopping. She eats here but does not even load the dishwasher unless I tell her to.

Last weekend we had family coming over. I asked her Friday to help me clean the house. She immediately came up with plans. I got mad and gave her the cold shoulder and she ended up cleaning a little before leaving to go out. (her child was with her ex for the weekend)

On Saturday during the day my dd and sd had friends coming over to swim. We found out during the week that my dh would have to work that day so I told my sister I would need some help with the party. She said fine, but proceeded to complain for the next few days about how her child would be gone and she had to be here for a kid party. She made comments to my dh about it and he said he had to bite his tongue because many angry comments came to mind for him!

Anyways like I said getting my sister to do anything for us is miserable. I still babysit for her a few days a week for free while she is working. On the days I do not babysit all day I am the one dropping her child off at the sitter and picking her child up because my sister leaves for work at 5 am.

Well next week we are going to be on vacation. My sister was mad because she had to take her week vacation from work that week because she had nobody else to babysit for her.

I told her that I needed either Wed. or Thurs. this week without babysitting too so I could pack for vacation. We leave Friday. Packing and running errands with a 2 year old is not an easy task! Last night I asked her which day she got a babysitter (her regular sitter is on vacation this week so I have her child all the other days). She said she could not find anyone. I told her that is not my problem, that I was not babysitting both days. She began yelling saying what is she supposed to do--call off work? I said I don't care what she does but I am not babysitting both days because I have things to do.

I am just tired of this. When I need things I get an attitude from her or get told no that she has things to do or plans, etc. If she does do anything for us it is not without rude comments. When I finally put my foot down with her she cries about how she has nobody else to help her with her child, bla bla bla.

I am at my end with her. I don't want to babysit anymore at all. I don't even want her to live with us. I am just tired of it all. I feel stuck with her here. She has nowhere else to go and nobody else to babysit. She goes to work too early for anyone to baysit for her. And she is not going to find another job making as much as she currently makes, especially in this economy. She does pay us rent so its not like she gets a total free ride. But I think she has it pretty good here and does not realize it. and I hate being that person that points that out to her, you know!

HELP!!!!! I need advice!

Comments (12)