SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ashley1979_gw

Medical Bill

ashley1979
12 years ago

What is the best way to ask for 1/2 of medical bill?

This will be the first time ever I have asked for 1/2 of medical expenses for DS12 from X. In the past, medical expenses have been very minimal since DS is relatively healthy, so I have just paid them because X had insurance.

Now, X has a STUPID plan (and didn't tell me) that requires ALL expenses to be paid in full up to the EXTREMELY high deductible. This plan is only good for emergency situations; not for general wellness. There is no way in hell DS would ever meet that deductible. He is a relatively healthy child. X gave me the impression there was a copay. So I had a really big shock when I took DS to a consultation yesterday. Thank God that's all it was!!!! If there had been any treatment I'd have been screwed. I HATE that X is responsible for medical insurance!!! It's a messed up system!

So, with that being said, I want X to reimburse me for 1/2 of the bill, and all future medical expenses while DS is on this stupid plan. How is the best way to go about it without ruffling too many feathers?

I know there is one arguement he may use, and many of you may have come accross this, but he could try to say "well I wasn't the one who made the appointment." What would be a good arguement against that? See, when I talked to him about it, it was after DS' physical, and I said "The dr. gave us a referral to an orthopedic dr." and X said "well as long as he's got the insurance let's do it." Then, the day after I made the appt., I told him about it and he said "I don't have any time left. Let me know how it goes."

Comments (24)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County