Return to the Stepfamily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'm pregnant

Posted by mom2_1sm2_1 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 30, 09 at 9:50

I just found out last week that I am pregnant. I am not sure how far along I am at this point, but I do know that I will most likely be high risk since I have an incompitant cervix. My first appointment with OB is tomorrow.

When is it a good time to tell SD4 and her BM? BF wants to wait until I am through the first trimester to tell his parents, but I think they should know sooner should something should happen. I respect his wishes, but I am eager to tell my family, and post it on Facebook. His brother has an account and if he finds out, how would the family feel?

IDK, maybe I should wait to do that, but I am soooo excited!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'm pregnant

Congratulations!

How soon you tell people is a personal decision. I know some people wait until the end of the first tri, but to me--if I had a m/c, I would WANT and NEED the support of my family and close friends. So I would not wait to tell people---but that's just me.

As far as SD, 4, I think you might want to wait to tell her. At 4, I would not want to have to explain what a m/c is, should anything happen. (I'm sorry---I hate to even type that here and get you worried. :( )

Can you tell BF's family without them telling the ex? Or would they spill the beans to her?

Nonetheless, if you want to tell YOUR family I would go ahead and tell whomever you want!

Congratulations again, have a happy, healthy 9 months!

o
RE: I'm pregnant

Congrats!!

One of my close friends recently found out she was pregnant and she told everyone right away. At 11 weeks she lost the baby and was devestated. She said the only thing that made it worse was telling everyone else and all the questions. If it is high risk, for your own piece of mind you may want to wait until after the first trimester to tell everyone. And I agree with waiting to tell the 4 year old. It could be very confusing if something went wrong in the pregnancy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stepfamily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here