Return to the Stepfamily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Grant me morning patience!

Posted by ceph (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 8, 11 at 9:41

Has ADD ever got a hold on SS this morning.
He's babbling, dancing, chasing the cats, rambling about weaponry and woodticks...
Good gravy, I need a coffee.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Grant me morning patience!

Ceph, I'm sending you an Irish coffee over!

o

Oh no! Lol lots of coffee!! And patience ----

o

Phew.
I told him to go chill out and reset - sit down, relax his shoulders, and breathe deeply for two minutes.
SUCCESS!!
He was relatively calm after that :)

o

I remember mine doing a dance and actually singing "I have too much energy!"
(Then insisting to his dad that he didn't have ADHD and didn't need medication...)

Breathe deeply and smile...

o

hahah Is the school over, that's why he is at home? Maybe he needs to be in camp or summer school or something, or get him very busy or maybe give him chores to clean the whole house, it would keep him busy or make him water the whole lawn with a watering can, not a hose LOL

o

No, this was getting ready for school.

o

Would that work though Ceph? Does tiring him out make the ADD better?

o

not tiring out... 30 45 minutes of strenuous exercise boosts the same things (forget the names right at this moment) that the meds are supposed to boost.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stepfamily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here