SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caphillsm

Need Advice Fast

caphillsm
13 years ago

So, almost 18 year old SS is coming for the summer to live/work with us until school begins in the late August. I never had children, and when DH and I married, I used to bring/serve both DH and SS whatever I was making to them directly. For example, if I was making cookies, I would bring a plate to each while they were watching a movie. Same for drinks, etc. Quite a while ago my DH told me that "its not a good idea to constantly serve a teen boy...let him help himself and clear his plate". I understood and stopped doing it.

Yesterday I awoke from an afternoon nap, went into the kitchen, and prepared myself a soft drink on ice. DH and SS were watching a move. I asked DH if he wanted one too, and he said yes. I brought him one. SS was there, and didnt say anything, but since I had stocked the fridge with his favorites,and remembered the previous guidance, I didnt think anything of it.

DH is furious with me. He is accusing me of purposefully ignoring SS and being "rude" by not asking him if he wanted a soda too. He said my oversight is indicative of my disdain for his son. His son and I had just spent the entire day doing outside activities, and the only reason he has a summer job is because of me.

I mean it, DH is FURIOUS to the point he isnt speaking to me.

Was I wrong?

Comments (9)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler