SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
holly14_gw

What do you do when you can't bare to be around your Step Son

Holly14
12 years ago

Okay I know it is terrible for me to say, but I really do not like my step son. I have been married for 5 years to an amazing husband. We have a beautiful son together and he is an outstanding father. He has 2 children from his previous marriage and split custody. His, now 21 year old, was kicked out of our home for assaulting me and I have been seeing his, now 17 year old, turning out like his brother. He is disrespectful, selfish, rude, belligerent, and at times is mean to my pre-schooler.

The majority of his behavior is caused because both my husband and his ex-wife have always treated their children like friends and not had boundaries for them. They are allowed to do whatever, whenever and there are no consequences. I have talked to my husband about this because things have just gotten WAY out of control to the point, I don't want the kid in my home. My husband has been out of the country on business for the past month and a half and I have LOVED the fact that I have not had to deal with his son. He is constantly breaking rules intentionally, cusses at both of us and is only nice when he wants something. It is literally like the child is in charge. I stay in my room when he is at our house or find reasons to leave. Dinner time comes and I find an excuse not to come to the table. I have stopped doing anything for the boy because he has used me and my husband countless times and I just don't know what to do. I don't want to have to kick another one out, but when you have a 17 year old telling his Dad, "Your nothing but a liar and I don't need this s&*t from you." and cussing me up one side and down the other...How much more do you take? After he explodes and has calmed down he expects everyone should get over it because he has, he never apologizes and thinks if I am nice to you then you should just overlook my behavior. In fact he has told his Dad he will not apologize for his behavior and we need to "deal with it." I am dreading my husband coming home next week because I know that I will have to deal with this kid 4 out of 7 days a week until my husband leaves again for business. I want to spend time with my husband, but I just can not be around his son. There is so much more I could tell you all, but I can't type fast enough! :-( I don't want my little one to see this is how you treat people, and it's okay to talk to your Mom and Dad like that. Any suggestions?

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Dream Design Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Innovative Design-Build Firms