SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2emall

My family is driving me insane!!!

mom2emall
13 years ago

I have not been on here a whole lot lately because I have so much drama going on in my family. When I say my family I mean my sisters.

One sister who was too young to be getting married just got dumped by her fiancee a month before the wedding. In all reality it is the best thing that could have happened to her because neither of them are mature enough to get married, and only being 19 they both need to get their lives in order before making that kind of committment. So I have been dealing with a heartbroken sister. I am a little mad though because he told her the day before their wedding shower that it was over and she still went ahead and let me and one of our other sisters throw the shower the next day. (If she would have cancelled we would have gotton most of our deposit back and not had to pay anything else....instead we split a $400 shower). Then my sister got all her gifts and threw a fit when some of our relatives found out about her break up and told her she should be giving gifts back since there is no wedding.

One of my other sisters just got back with her ex. Not sure if I posted on here before about their relationship. Long story short he is a drug addict, the father of her child, and when he left her he stole her car, cash, credit cards, etc. He also knew me and dh were going out of town that weekend and broke into our home and stole from us. Luckily dh ended up having to work at the last minute so me and the kids went without him and dh came home and scared my sisters ex away. DH did not see him, but heard a door open and footsteps exiting the house as he came in a different door. It was not hard to put 2 and 2 together. He actually was only able to rip us off for about $200 while he was in our home, so I guess we were lucky. My sister on the other hand was left with credit cards he ran up when he stole them, a car that was impounded, a storage locker that was emptied, my nieces bank account emptied, gift cards from my nieces b-day taken, my sisters whole purse taken (id's, etc). As for the impound fees and credit card debt the police and credit card companies would not reverse the charges because he was her boyfriend and he lived with her. Lately she has been avoiding my family and we found out why....she is back with her ex. I spotted them out together one day and he walked away as he saw me approaching (I did not even see him...it was my kids who saw him walking away quickly) One of my friends ran into them at the zoo another day. And my mom ran into them in the mall.

I had it out with my sister asking her how she could do this and she said it is her business. I pointed out he is not welcome at any of our families homes and will never be accepted. I reminded her how he ripped her off and his own child!! I also reminded her how he broke into my home and stole from me!! And I pointed out that he has been a drug addict for the last 15 years and has been able to stop many times, but always goes back to it. And when he does go back on drugs he steals anything not nailed down!! My sister used to sleep with her car keys in her pocket for goodness sakes! He has no job, no home, no car. He has never paid child support. And he just got out of jail AGAIN! It was for theft of course. Now she is not talking to me!! My DH says I should stop talking to her until her ex rips her off and leaves again. I just don't know what to do.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022