SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2emall

Follow through

mom2emall
14 years ago

I'm a little annoyed today. SD keeps not bringing home stuff from school. Every week on the same day all the kids in the school bring home graded papers and important paperwork. For some reason my son brings home all his stuff on time, but sd claims to not get things. Field day t-shirt forms came home with my son 3 weeks ago and were due last week. Asked sd where hers was and she said she did not get it. I told her if she wanted a shirt she needed to bring home a form. My son got a shirt and sd never brought her form....so she got no shirt.

Hot lunch orders came home with my son, but not sd. He ordered hot lunch for the month. I told her if she wanted hot lunch she needed to bring home the form. She forgot...so she is packing it this month too. (usually we let them order hot lunch every other month).

There was an all school field trip and guess who did not bring home the form. I ended up making a copy of my sons and filling it out for sd.

All of these forms were brought home today though. SD swears she just got them from her teacher today and that they were not sitting in a desk or folder somewhere that she forgot. I asked her why her teacher would wait until the forms are no good to send them home and sd says she has no clue. So I tell her I am going to call teacher about this and she says go ahead. So I left a voicemail for the teacher to find out what the deal is with all these late forms.

Now registration forms come home for next year. If filled out and returned by tomorrow you get a discount. All the other kids brought it home weeks ago, but guess who claims she did not get one?? So dh tells her the other day that if she did not bring it home today her cell phone is gone forever. He tells her to go to the school office and ask for an extra.

So she comes home and I ask her if she went to the office and got one. She says no and tells me that she thought her teacher would just put one in her folder!!! (Is her teacher supposed to be a mind reader?)

So I took her cell. Now I am wondering what dh will do. I know he is not going to keep her phone forever. We did get it for her as a convenience to us. So she can call us from bm's if needed (though that has not even been an issue in months). And it was for using to tell us when her activities change or get cancelled at school, etc.

So I am kinda irritated that he made such a statement because when we don't follow through it just makes her think there is no consequences.

How can we show her we are serious after my dh made such a statement?

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH