SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilo55

SS & GF won't move out

lilo55
14 years ago

My SS recently moved in after being on his own for 18 mos. I told him only 2 rules: no smoking in the house & the GF could not live here- he agreed to both rules. As far as I know he has not been smoking, but the GF is definitely living here. At first it was just a night here & there & he'd ask me if it was OK, then she was here every night- I started charging him $200/mo after the first mo.- it is now going into the 4th mo. His dad confronted him about the GF but backed down when he threatened to live in his car. I am now the 'wicked stepmother' and have been asked by DH not to speak to my SS. I am the sole breadwinner for this family as my DH is disabled. I have begun to dread my days off & am not comfortable even taking a vacation & leaving them in the house alone- it's like having an unwanted houseguest. My SS is 22 & the GF is 19, she drinks- ALOT, then sleeps all day, wakes up and eats our food- A LOT of it. She does not have a job, and my SS only works part-time. I don't have a problem w/the SS staying a month or 2 longer, but I am tired of supporting this perfectly healthy 19 y/o alcoholic girl!! My husband says I'm going to hurt their feelings if I don't keep my mouth shut. HE is a recovering alcoholic himself & should know he is enabling his son who is enabling this girl-- whom the SS says he doesn't even "like" anymore but can't break up w/her. I feel like my DH is not sympathetic to my feelings at all about this, and that my boundaries are being trampled on. I am ready to consult a lawyer & start divorce proceedings! Am I wrong to want the GF out?? She has family nearby, not like she'd be living on the street!! DH fears that SS will leave too & we'll forever be estranged over this. I need help coping in a healthy way.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths