SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nivea_gw

OT - neighborhood children

nivea
14 years ago

Ok, this is way off topic, but I have no idea what to do and you all give such great advice here so...

The house next door to us has about 6 children living there. 4 of them I know and 2 never seem to be the same, so I'm thinking foster care? I don't know, but it's a tiny house, maybe 3 bedrooms at most. Different cars there all day and night, different people going in/out...a very active place. They just moved here recently and I've never been introduced to the actual parents.

So anyway, for the past two weeks anytime DD is out playing those kids come out and literally BEG her for food. I sit in our sunroom while she is playing, I can see out and I don't think they know I'm sitting in there cause when I'm actually outside, they don't say a word but just STARE at me without blinking... So anyway, I gave them all juiceboxes once and since then, they BEG her for food...and they are all extremely overweight, so I don't think they are deprived. She will come to me, I will say no and then then start bullying her, she will keep coming to me BEGGING me to give them food so they will stop...A few days ago I went outside and told them to stop bullying her, she and I got into the car a few minutes later and one of them called me an idiot! I didn't know whether to laugh or what.

Err, so now anytime DD goes outside, they come out too and start with the food begging and bullying. I've told them time and time again, to play by themselves in their own yard but as soon as they think they can't see me, they start in on her. And she doesn't get it, she wants to please them so bad and give them things to get them to be friends with her. It's heartbreaking to me.

I want to talk to their parents, but I seriously have no idea who their parents are, there are so many adults in and out of the house! I saw one guy a few minutes ago and he said I'm just a friend, in a really weird dead voiced way and he STARED creepily like those kids do at me. Ok, I'm not crazy and I know I'm rambling, but these people are just so darn weird to me! Our neighborhood is pretty friendly, everyone says hi...the people in that house never say hi back or anything, just so weird, I don't think I'm eplaining it right.

Should I just call CPS? I'm terrified of having a feuding neighbor scenario (my grandmother had one while I was growing up and it was a nightmare) and then I think what do I tell CPS? That the obsecenely obese next door neighbor children are begging my child for food? I don't know, I don't know but those people are creeping me out!

and uh thank you for letting me get this out :)

Comments (38)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio