SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jerseystepmom

MIL inviting Ex to dinner

jerseystepmom
14 years ago

My MIL knows that my husband's ex caused a TON of problems for my husband and his kids (she was big into parental alientation....stole one child and tried to steal the other). Anyway, my MIL was staying with us (she lives about 800 miles away, so has to stay with us or her other kids). Anyway, I went away over night to spend some time with my sister and my MIL and husband were at a sporting event for my stepson (who lives with us full time). The ex shows up and sweet and gives a gift to my MIL for her birthday and chatted her up. So my MIL says "we're going to Outback for dinner, would you like to come?"! To her credit, the ex knew it would not be cool - she knows my husband can't stand her, so she declined. Well my husband "forgot" to tell me this so I found out when the ex threw it in my face when I told her that I thought having 2 separate graduation parties was better than her joining us for ours (her son told me do them separately otherwise Mom will act all happy there, but then complain about everything later)..she said that she enjoyed time with my MIL and was even inited to dinner with them...anyway, sorry, I'm babbling on here, but the point is.......... I AM FURIOUS! While I was away my MIL (who HATES the ex and knows all the bad stories of things she has done to us and the kids over the years), invites the ex to dinner with my husband, her and my stepson......

Hope this makes sense....clearly I'm still reeling from finding this out!!

And his sister and brother's wife insist on maintaining a relationship with the ex -- despite all the crap she has pulled (she's a sociopath - she lies and cons people all the time.....)

Would you be mad?

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert