SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nivea_gw

Child Support issues - wwyd?

nivea
14 years ago

I just got off the phone with one of my best friends and I thought this was the perfect place to post about her problem, and I think I'm going to be soon having this problem myself, so wth..

Anyway, her ex wants to temporarily stop CS since his wife (SM) lost her job. However, she let him stop CS last year when he wasnt working (he quit) and he is still quite a bit in arrears from not only last year, but he only paid sporadically before he remarried, since remarriage he paid regularly but still has an arrears built up. Anyway last time SM did not feel it was her duty to pay CS (which imo is right), however my friend feels that this time it is not her duty to bail them out in the expense of not receiving CS.

Ok, so up to this point I think it is fairly simple and she is in the right to deny his request about stopping CS. And then it's also the problem if you let someone take advantage of you...they will continue too..etc, so she doesn't want to continue to let him take advantage.

But then she also reminded me that ANY time they had a money issue, her Ex involved the children. He would tell the kids he had no money for gas to pick them up, she would offer to do the driving, he would then tell the kids that even if she drove them he had no money for extra food and stuff...etc etc. It really hurt the kids and they didn't understand. They are now 10 & 12.

So anyway, she feels that she needs to cover for him and stop the CS again but also wants to stop the money games. And ftr, I think he lives above his means. Huge house, luxury cars...

So WWYD?

Comments (9)