SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blueangel43

Getting Tired of Lazy Step-Daughter

blueangel43
14 years ago

Actually, she is not technically my step-daughter since her father and I are not yet married. We moved in together, partly for financial reasons but mostly because we decided we thought we were ready. I knew going in that his 19-year-old daughter would be living with us.

She is a nice girl, got good grades in high school and is going to college in the fall. The issues I have are that 1)She is lazy, and 2)She makes food disappear really fast.

She has two responsibilities. You heard right, only two! She has to clean up after her cat and she has to put her dirty dishes in the dishwasher. She cannot even do these two things without being reminded most of the time. And if there are clean dishes in the dishwasher, she just leaves her dirty dishes in the sink because she's too lazy to put the clean dishes away first. She cooks herself a meal (thank god she can at least cook for herself) but leaves a huge mess behind and I have to chisel hardened food off of the counters, stove, sink, etc. She keeps using the office as her temporary storage room. I keep having to move her crap out of the way. She doesn't do anything else to help around the house unless I get her dad to ask her to help.

I was laid off and don't have a job, yet, so we are relying on my boyfriend's income to support us. And to top it off, our dog was just diagnosed with lymphoma, so we are paying to treat that. After the bills are paid, I get $100 a week for groceries. Within two days, half of the food is gone because she pigs out on it.

I keep trying to talk to my boyfriend about it, but he just says she's adjusting to living with me better than he thought, so I should quit "rocking the boat." Of course she's adjusting well. She doesn't have to do crap and she gets all the food she wants. Meanwhile, I'm starving and tired from cleaning up after her! If he doesn't tell me to quit rocking the boat, then he says he'll talk to her. But then he doesn't in hopes that I'll forget about it. I'm tired of it! I don't know how else to get this message across to my boyfriend.

Comments (55)

Sponsored
Capri Home Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars33 Reviews
Reputable Home Renovation Company Serving Northern Virginia