SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mlly_gw

i want to scream

mlly
14 years ago

My MIL calls me regarding SS graduation party - I am not planning it, want no part of it and told DH a while ago do whatever you want I don't care but I will not be planning anything - your child your responsibility (I successfully disengaged about 3-4 years ago after years of being a doormat) And yes I think its really sad that SS has a father and a mother who both do nothing for him - lucky for me SS's disrespectful treatment and general crappy attitude tops any sympathy I may have felt -

Anyway MIL apparently isn't happy with guest list and wants to add people - and I say to her - and your telling me this why? You need to take it up with your son or SS BM - and she says well she wanted to check with me since DH and I are funding party - and I just wanted to SCREAM - because couple years ago I was told since I was not BM I should have no say in his life when there was a dispute regarding his drivers license -

So apparently us SM are suppose to shut up and be quiet and have no opinion on anything EXCEPT when there are bills to be paid and then open up the wallet because you knew DH had son when you married him - oh and I'm sure you won't mind working overtime to pay for something for ungrateful disrespectful SS since his father and worthless BM wont

MIL also made a few other comments that got under my skin and I wanted to explode - I am not a nice person anymore I used to be and I wonder what happened to me

Sorry for the rant but I needed to vent

Comments (15)