Return to the Stepfamily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
No Say in my home

Posted by mwtolland (My Page) on
Tue, May 5, 09 at 18:43

Hello
Here is my problem. 11 years ago I met this loving kind man he had 3 children all above the age of 15 that lived with their mom in another state.We seen them often I had a 5 and 11 year old. Coming from an abusive marriage I had received a settlement and bought a home of course being naive I put my new loves name on deed. Now fast forward to now My son the youngest Lives with me 18 and my daughter who is in college Making a life for herself.
Now I get a drop off of a 27 year old (who has a child in another state)and has drug problems who is basically hiding from his obligations and guilt tripping his father to death. Without being told he was coming and is now camped out on my couch. I also suffer from Bi polar X stress and my otherhalf thinks this is no problem that he never asked me.My children help me out now their expected to be happy about this also. The 27 year old gets a roof all the food he can eat cigerettes you name it it is supplied. Should I leave my home Someone please help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: No Say in my home

NO -- do not leave -- I would first suggest you try couples counseling with dh. I would also warn dh that nothing illegal goes on in the house while you try to work things out.

o

Unless it's on fire, don't ever leave your home!

It would give your husband & his son more space to enjoy their disfunctional relationship, & you'd be out of a place to live.

If anyone moves out, it must be the son &, if he has a problem with it, his father.

Warning either one of them that "nothing illegal" goes on in your home will not make any difference.

If this boy/grown man cared about what was illegal or where he did it, he wouldn't have a drug problem.

& the DEA (federal government) can confiscate the home if they find that it has been used for selling drugs.

which is how drug-users pay for their habit.

Get that guy out of your home.

o

A little offtopic -- but what od you mean that is how drug-users pay for their habit?

o

buying more than they use & selling the excess to pay for their own supply.

o

Ok, excuse my ignorance. Honestly I would tell anyone who lives in my house, any signs of drugs and I calll the police.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stepfamily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here