SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
momof3_stepof1

Just a thought

momof3_stepof1
12 years ago

I know most of you don't do this.... but I'm so annoyed right now I just want to vent.

My mom and dad divorced when I was like 10 or 11. I don't really remember how old I was.... I'm 32 now. It's been a VERY VERY long time now. I am SOOOOOO very tired of hearing bad things about my mom from my Grandma... dad's mom. I'm so annoyed right now I really feel like I'm going to avoid going back there again for a while. She's 75 and in fantastic health. BUT... she will NOT stop talking bad about my mother. EVERYTHING that I talk about comes back to how bad my mom is about something.

I've said before that I don't like my sister-in-law. Well, my grandma does like her. She likes her because my sister-in-law kisses her butt. Well, she kisses her butt because she knows my grandma doesn't like my mom and neither does she. ANYTIME I gripe about my sil she brings up my mom. My sil has my grandma totally in belief that my brother's anxiety problem is all my moms fault. IT'S NOT!!!! My mom did have issues for a few years.... I call it her mid life crisis. She would call or text us at all hours of the night upset about things. That's why my sis in law says my brother is "sick".... she did the same thing to my sister and I and we aren't "sick".... Plus she's not acting that way anymore and my brother is still "sick"..... He was NEVER "sick" until he moved in with my sil. My sister and I both KNOW why my brother is this way. It's NOT my mom's fault. BUT I have to hear about her EVERYTIME I visit or talk to my grandma. I can't handle it ANYMORE!!!! Whether my mom is or isn't bad I don't need to hear it anymore.

She had a print out of all text messages from my mom to my brother. She made me read it. I explained to her that I have also gotten some of these same messages and that in most of them my mom was begging my brother to see him. How is that bad? It's NOT... Not when my brother refuses to see any of us and we just want to know he's ok. It made me so mad that she tried so hard to make my mom look bad with "proof".... She was mad because one message said that my dad wasn't there for us or didn't pay for things. Ok.... fine. That was wrong. But why do I have to be shown that? OMG!!!! My blood pressure is normally 100/60 and right now I feel like it's sky high!!

I will make sure to NEVER EVER make my son or my step son feel like I feel right now. It's just so wrong!! Please everybody.... know how this makes the kid feel and don't do it!! The kid doesn't deserve it.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
VMAX LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars62 Reviews
Chesterfield's Established Custom Builder & Remodeler Best of Houzz