SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2emall

More Drama from my ds's ex friend

mom2emall
13 years ago

I posted a while about my sons ex friend returning to his school and the immature behaviors this boy had at school.

The link below is from that post.

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/step/msg0300005621075.html

Since then the boys behaviors have gotton worse. He has told people that my ds is his boyfriend and called my son and other boys "fags" or "gay". My son has admitted to using these terms in response to the boys behavior and comments at times, to which I told him I do not like those terms and he should instead tell the boy to stop or just ignore the boy.

The other day in class he walked up to my son and another boy and told them that they masturbate!! They told the teacher immediately and the boy was talked to by the teacher. On the way home from school the boy had a stick and told my son he was going to use it to break his nose. My son told me he responded by challenging the boy, he told him he dared him to come closer to him and threaten him. The boy did not come closer to him, but went home and told his mom that my son was calling him "gay" and "fag", as well as threatening to hurt him. I had talked to my son about not instigating a fight even when someone else is trying to provoke him.

My son comes home and tells me about this stuff and is honest about his wrongs. So, when the boys mother called me to talk about it I was ready. She was nice, but acted as if my son is being mean to hers for no reason. I told her the things that my son said her son has been doing/saying. She immediately tried to defend her son and say he is just not exposed to that type of talk or behavior at home so she can not believe he is acting that way! (Like my son is??) I nicely told her that my son has been telling me these things for a while and he is not exposed to those things at home either. I did give her an out and point out that they do go to a school with other children who may be exposed to those types of things from t.v. etc. and that her son may have picked up things from them. I also said that I knew her son was having a hard time adjusting to being back at school and that I had talked to my son many times about trying not to add to that difficulty by joining in on teasing.

I told her that I would talk to my son again about not making comments such as "gay" or "fag" and instead telling her son to stop if he is being inappropriate or embarassing. I also told her that I can not force my son to be friends with her son, but maybe in the future they will become friends again on their own. I do not think that is what she wanted to hear though.

But really, what can I do? Her son is acting inappropriately towards my son and other kids have made jokes about it. My son does not want to be teased and I can not expect him to allow this boy to embarass him. I feel like all I can do is remind my son of appropriate ways to deal with this, like telling the boy he is grossed out by the way he is talking or telling him to stop.

As far as contacting the teacher or principal, that is not an option. To be quite honest they are both useless when it comes to issues. The principal has actually already been replaced for next school year because of her ineffectiveness in dealing with issues.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor