SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2emall

housecleaning....1 step forward and then 3 steps back!

mom2emall
14 years ago

How do you win the battle of keeping the house clean???

This morning I got up with the intentions of cleaning the house. I delegated each kid a chore before they would allowed to play with friends today. They all did them and then I began cleaning. But I feel like everytime I make progress someone makes a mess somewhere else!

The bathroom was cleaned and then dh shaved and left hair in the sink. Kitchen was clean and then dh took off his shoes and left them in the middle of the kitchen floor. Then ds comes in there with his friend and drops jello on the floor and leaves most of it there!!! And he knocked a few pics off the fridge and instead of putting them back he sets them on the counter.

SS, SD, and her friend were in the pool. They decide they want all the pool toys out so they have more room to swim. Instead of putting them all in the shed they just throw them all out around the pool and leave them even though they have been told umpteen times the dog will eat pool toys and goggles!

Older sd leaves to go to a friends house and decides not to bring her bag of stuff with her and decides to wear flip flops instead of gym shoes. So she just leaves these things behind in front of our front door!!

Then ss comes into the house sopping wet and tracks mudd onto the floors I just mopped!

I think I am going to go insane!!!

I had everyone (except older sd who was gone) stop what they were doing and come inside to clean up their messes. Dh then asks me why I get so crabby and mad over little things!!!!! I wanted to take his eyeballs out and eat them by that point! LOL

Sometimes I seriously just want to give up on housecleaning!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler