SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mahalkita_gw

my stepdaughter never include me on any of her achievements?

mahalkita
12 years ago

Last month before she auditioned for a play, she personally consulted me about how she sound singing the song for the audition. I sing alot so I helped her and point out her flaws and what needs to be perfected. The following week, after she's been practicing the song, and me listening and pointing everything out, she got a part. Not the one she wanted but shes happy that she's able to be on the play. My husband told me that I've been very supportive and he thank me for that too. I would pick her up from her rehearsal. Would help her find stuff she needs. I was there for her a lot. Yesterday, we finally get to see her play and as I was reading the program and saw the casts bios. When I was reading hers, I cried. Her bio says that she thanked her "parents" (just her parents and a teacher) for everything and all the support. I was never included on anything. The other kids bios that have divorced parents have their parents and step-parents name in there. I tried to hide my feelings but my husband noticed that I was crying. I was really hurt. Very hurt. I don't know what to feel.�

Comments (10)