SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
1d3c1d3m3y3f4t3

Greener Grass?

1d3c1d3m3y3f4t3
10 years ago

I have a boyfriend who is 25. He has a daughter who is going to be 8 soon.

I met him when I was 16, and we instantly clicked. He taught me a lot, and I fell in love with him. We've been together for 2 years now, and i'll be 19 soon. But he's not really the thing that bothers me... His daughter requires a lot of attention, and recently we've had to spend a lot of time in classes on how to handle children like her. She's been diagnosed as ADHD, and she's using it as a crutch to misbehave. And she never shows any appreciation for what either of us do for her. She can be sweet at times, and she knows how to behave, but we've recently had a run in with dfps over a spanking she got after she'd been misbehaving for over a month at school. We'd tried grounding and taking certain priviliges away but she didn't show any care for it. He even told her he loved her after the spanking and re explained why she got it and hugged her. And she still misbehaved the next day at school. So we've had to deal with the department for the last 6 months and she's back now, with weekly visits from a caseworker.

I'm just trying to paint a picture of how much time i've devoted to this girl, and this man. I love them both.

But i feel like i'm letting life slip by me. I've been living on my own since i was 16, I stayed with my grandparents for a certain time, in a small town, and i met him there. I didn't really want a boyfriend when i met him, but he was really into monogamy when dating someone, and there wasn't really anyone else worthy of talking to in the town any way so we started dating. And he was really cool and tidy, and we clicked really well. Our personalities suit eachother, and i've learned a lot from him.

We moved back to our home state, nothing beats the city, and got an apartment together, where i got a job until the summer when i had to quit to provide care for his daughter. She was so horrible, the way she acted made me think she didn't want me there, and i'm pretty independent, so for me to quit my job to provide care for this kid shows how much i care for this guy.

I'd much rather have a job and my own place, but Its like i can never work long enough to make money to get my own place when we have our rough patches. We've almost broken up like 3 times already because she's become too much to handle. But I've never had the money OR the friends to move out... And we end up making back up with the same old promises and she re promises to be good. I've heard promises of all kinds from her and she never follows through.

I'm tired of being a mommy. I took care of my junior brother of 4 years for basically till he was 13. I took care of my moms other children for the whole time I tried to live with her. Its like everywhere I got I have to provide care for someone.

He's really handsome, and because I cook so well, and lack of exercise other than his job, his body has kind of bulked up without the cut. Call me shallow, but I need physically attraction in a relationship still. I've mentioned a gym membership to him and he doesn't seem to want to keep himself in shape at all... I'm a pretty attractive woman, young and fit. our sex drived haven't always matched, but he IS a god in bed when we do manage. I'm worried about the decline of his sex drive as he gets older...

He's my first real live-with relationship...
I'm wondering If i just think the grass is greener, or if Its ok for me to wonder about whether or not I should be caring for a kid thats not mine because I still feel used. like now, im having to provide care for the summer for her again, and its already off to a rocky start because i have to stay on pins and needles around her.

I have no idea what i'm asking, i just want some feedback. I don't really have any friends.... Its like he's managed to make him and her MY whole world...

I'm a smart, level headed chick who can accomplish so much, and i feel like i'm being held back here....

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery