SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
byebyemind

Would you??

byebyemind
14 years ago

I have posted here a few times. I am married and my dh has custody of my skids. Their bm is barely involved.

In August we are going on a cruise with the kids. We are driving to the port where the cruise leaves from. My dh's ex brother-in-law lives in that town. We planned on getting into town the night before the cruise and staying in a hotel. My dh called his ex bro-in-law to see if him and his 3 kids and wife wanted to meet us for dinner that night. It has been years since the kids have seen their cousins. Well the brother-in-law said yes.

Then a few days later he called back and told dh that he talked it over with his wife and if we want to stay there with the kids instead of a hotel we are welcome to. They have a guest room and the kids can all sleep in their finished basement on sleeping bags with their kids. He even said if we are able that we can come a day or so earlier and stay there and hang out.

My dh and him used to be very close, but obviously rarely talked after the split with his ex.

Would you stay there if you were me? DH told me he understands if I don't want to stay there. But I keep thinking about the kids and how much they would enjoy a few days with their cousins and uncle. My friends tell me that I am outgoing and can win anyone over and should go ahead and do it. Plus as an added bonus when bm finds out it would really burn her that I stayed at her brothers and he barely even talks to her.

What would you do?

Comments (3)