Return to the Stepfamily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wonderful Mothers Day!!

Posted by mom2emall (My Page) on
Mon, May 10, 10 at 14:50

I had a wonderful Mothers Day yesterday. Went to breakfast with my dh and all 4 kids, along with some of my family. Then we went to the zoo. Afterwards we stopped by my Mother in laws home for dinner. The kids made me gifts and cards. DH and the kids picked out some flowers for me.

BM did not call all day, and the kids had their cells and did not call or even text her. BM's mom sent me an odd text. It was a forward of a #1 Mom picture with a song attached to it. I was a little surprised by it. I did send her a text back saying that was cute and hope she has a wonderful Mothers Day.

BM has not called the kids about the movie issue, and I convinced DH we should not take the kids to see the movie bm promised them.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wonderful Mothers Day!!

I'm glad you had a nice Mother's Day!
I wish BM would act like a parent, and let those poor kids out of the limbo they are in because of her. But "if wishes were horses..."

I say to give it another week and if she STILL hasn't called about the movie, then take them. The kids shouldn't miss out just because their mom is a schmuck.

o

I'm so glad you had a wonderful day!

The way I see it is that your kids celebrated with the mother that really "feels" like a mother, and that should make you feel like the best mother in the world!

I really admire you. It is so hard to raise another woman's kids and you seem to do it with such grace and love.

Can I be like you when I grow up? LOL!

o

Thanks ashely and ceph!!

As for the movie Ceph, I know what you are saying. But I am so sick of bm making promises and breaking them. Then she gives the kids excuses and middle sd eats them up and sells them to ss. I don't want bm to call in a few weeks and the kids to tell her we saw the movie and then her say that she was still going to take them and me and dh ruined it. I want the fault to be totally hers!! It will not kill the kids to wait until it is out on dvd.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stepfamily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here