SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sunnygardenerme

Adult stepson moving in

sunnygardenerme
17 years ago

I need advise. SS is 20 yrs old and wants to move into our new house that we just build after being gone for 9 months in college. He does have two other options on places to stay. We did design the house for us two (DH and me). He lived with us in our old house for 2 years prior to going off to college, last year. During the two years he lived with us he made things difficult, taking things of mine from the house and not returning, would take dishes, toliet paper, for his mom because she didn't have any or it, changing our answering machine message after I told him no/I liked it because his mom did not like, bringing in a graduation picture of his mom and placing it for all to see, moving my large screen TV into his bedroom when we (DH & I) told him no, he always attempts to get free money from us, ignores me, the list go on and on. Just recently he visited and after he left I noticed all my fishing tackle I had purchased was gone.

We do not have the new house finished. We were able to complete the main floor with one bedroom for DH and I, however the basement with a 2 bedroom option is not finished. We did not plan to finish the basement yet because we need any additional money to finish the outside and yard this time of year when it it nice. My question is, "Is it wrong not to want SS to live with us?" As I said he has other options on places to live. Please give me advise either way. I want to be fair and do the right thing. I am a nervous wreak about him living with us again, taking things, not listening, disrespectful, and even allowing bio mom (the ex) into our house when were gone, etc. Thanks

Comments (8)