SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mornor85

The stepchild that hates my guts now wants to move in with us

mornor85
13 years ago

I am 25 years old, and only about two weeks into my marriage. My husband and I have been together for two years, and he has 11 and 13 year old daughters. The 11 year old and I get along fine, and she loves me as if I am her mother. The 13 year old, however, hates my guts. In the beginning, all of us got along just fine. Then she started dating boys. When she got a little too close to this boyfriend, she confided in me that she was doing some things that no 12 year old should be doing. I knew the moment the words came out of her mouth that everything was going to go bad. I of course, had to tell her father the information that she had given me, and when everything came out in the open, this girl turned on me so quickly. For months, she opted out of her every other weekend visits. She would try very hard to convince her father to leave me, making up stories of how mean I am to them when no one is around. Of course, the 11 year old always has my back. Also, their bio-mother tries very hard to make the 13 year old be nice to me. For an entire year, I walked on eggshells with this girl, making sure she wasn't left out of holidays, and just trying to be nice. I was always met with a cold shoulder and a dirty look. Finally, one day I snapped and got in her face and told her it wasn't my fault that she made a bad decision and that I had to be an adult about it. For a while, she seemed to have come around, but now I can tell she's faking it, because when we're alone, she still won't talk to me. The week before we got married, she informed us that for no reason whatsoever, she wants to move in with us. I of course, have no choice in this matter. I almost postponed the wedding, but I love my husband, and I want to make this a happy marriage. We never fight about anything but her. And we never even fought about her until the moving in thing happened. I don't know what to do!! This girl makes me feel uncomfortable in my own home. I know they were here before me, but I don't have children, and I don't usually have people that don't like me. It's getting to the point where his excitement that she's moving in makes me angry every time he mentions it, because I know my life is going to be hell. I'm already searching for ways to work more hours, anything to limit my time at home, which of course, isn't what my husband wants me to do. ADVICE, PLEASE!!!!

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County