SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2emall

wonder if the movie is off.....

mom2emall
13 years ago

Well I told you all about bm thinking she could ignore the kids all the time and then take them on Mother's Day to make herself feel good. We shot that idea down as we already have plans with them and quite frankly I am the mother to the kids, she is more like a distant relative if anything!

Well she had told the kids she would figure another date to take them to see the new movie they wanted to see that she was trying to entice them with for Mother's Day to get them to see her. She has yet to get back to them.

Last weekend sd's both layed into her about missing middle sd's game as well as ss's game. They had told bm in advance and the night before texted her and got her excuses. Even though she was off work she could not come because it would involve waking her younger kids up too early to drive bf to work and keep the vehicle for the day. And of course even though they live with 10 other people nobody could watch sleeping kids while she drove bf to work and nobody had a vehicle they could lend her to go see local games.

Both sd's layed into her and told her they would like to be first for once.....to which her defense is that they were her 2 first born children so they would always be first! The girls told her what a bad mom she was to all 3 of them and how she could care less about them. Bm then tried to turn it around and tell them that it was late and this is not what she needed to hear before bed. So the girls did not respond to her text and have not gotton a text or call since.

So I am wondering if bm is just going to avoid them all now or actually still make plans to take them to the movie another day. The kids asked me and I told them to call her if they wanted to know. They said they did not want to call her and could me and dh take them to see the movie since bm is not. I told them I was not sure. DH and I discussed it because it is a movie we wanted to see too and had actually discussed taking the kids to see before bm called and asked to take them. We do not take the kids to movies often because it is so darn expensive. DH thinks if bm does not call for 2 more weeks it is pretty safe to say she is not taking them to the movie and we could go ahead and take them. I think we should not take them because she promised to take them. If we go take them then she will be able to say "I would have taken you but your dad already did". If we don't take them then she has no excuse. And we could always wait till it comes out on video or goes to the dollar show. What do you all think?

Comments (7)