SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2emall

Update....

mom2emall
11 years ago

Haven't been on here in what seems like forever!!!

Kids are doing pretty good :) Baby is getting big. DS is happy and doing well. SS is doing great. His teacher actually told us that he is probably the best student she ever had (and she has been teaching 20+ years). Oldest sd is loving high school and very involved in activities and staying out of trouble. Younger sd (freshman in hs) is giving us some trouble though :( I guess 1 out of 5 giving us trouble is pretty good though, right? lol

She has always been kind of rough, but it has gotton better and then worse. Lying has gotton worse. She acts as if she really thinks we are stupid because her lies are not even believable and she always gets caught. She has had some friends we disapprove of and has gone boy crazy. We recently found her "sexting" late at night. The kicker was we had just had a serious birds and bees type conversation earlier that night with her because we had our suspicions about her friends and her behavior.

We talk to her and she acts like she understands and says what we want to hear, but then she goes and does the opposite. We have tried punishment, showing disappointment, talking kindly, and talking pretty harshly. It all seems to make no difference. Even her grades are slipping because she has blown off quite a few big projects this year. And we can't go to school with her and write down her assignments. When we have found out about each project we have made her do them anyways, sometimes for no class credit. We had hoped this would show her she can't avoid her responsibilities altogether.

I just don't know what to do anymore. Hubby and I are starting to fight about it. Just this week the sexting incident happened, we found out she skipped a big project at school and today we caught her lying about something before she left for school. I didn't punish her for anything, but I gave her lectures. Dh tried taking the friend approach with her and is telling me I am being too hard on her!!!! Hard on her??? All I did was lecture her on her behaviors!! If I yelled at her, grounded her, beat her and locked her in her room that would be hard. But lecturing her is not hard in my book!!

Uggghhh....so that is where we are at!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH