SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nini333_gw

difficult sd

nini333
13 years ago

I have been with my fiance for 6 years now. His youngest is a few months away from eleven. She is very jealous of me and my son and possibly her older sister too. My son doesn't see his birthfather so he is with us all of the time. Sd thinks that just because we live together we all see each other a lot. which isn't the case. We rarely do stuff together because we work a lot. It seems to me that she has an obsession with my fiance. Always has to be by him always has to touch him. If he is playing with my son or older sd she has to make it all about her and she does anything she can do to put the focus on her. She never listens to me either. I will ask her to put the dishes away or do a chore and she ignores my request and sometimes gives me a blank stare or a confused look and stares at me and doesnt answer me and I just have to walk away. As soon as her dad gets home from work she will ask me in front him so he can hear, "Do you want me to do the dishes for you?" I tell her no thank you now where before I would let her do them. That gives him the impression that she is an angel, when he has no idea how terrible she treats me when hes not around. He mentioned to my mom a while back that he knows she does stuff on purpose to get us in fights. He seems to ignore the behavior but still says that shes an angel and doesn't want to believe that she hates me.She never says hi to me when we pick them up and never says bye when they go back to their mom. His oldest and I get along great. We always have. young sd throws temper tantrums, she cries, for no reason. she's so emotional and sensitive. I am truly at a loss with her. I have tried the bonding stuff, taking her shopping. Just the two of us going skiing together. I can't tell you how many times I've tried to bond with her, and she still shows no respect for me. And her obsession with her dad also drives me nuts. I've gotten to the point that I can't even stand to be in the same room. When the other kids go to play she never wants to go, she stays behind and smothers her dad, or if we are watching tv she will lay on the floor and roll around like a two year old putting her feet in the air, she never stops moving around. We ignore it but she doesn't stop. She's very smart and knows how to leave a light on and get us in a fight. So now I tell her when she gives me a dirty look when I ask her to do something that her daddy says not to leave the lights on or your daddy says to do this or not do that. Than its ok. I know this is all jumbled up and random but it's what popped up in my head at the moment. Hope someone can help. I really am at the point where I am going to find a counselor or child psychologist to talk to so I can better understand the behavior in order to deal with it and not let her manipulate anymore. Shes so happy if her dad and I aren't getting along because of her or if she gets her sister or my son in trouble. It's like she gets joy out of him being mad at one of us so she can play angel and get more attention from him.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County