SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wild_thing

failing

wild_thing
14 years ago

Ok, sd is failing two classes. She has to sign up for summer school so that she has a spot if she needs it pretty much.

She has been going to counseling for about 3 months. During that time they have discussed her grades and it was said that she has to maintain at least a C average. It was also agreed that this was not an unreasonable demand. If she does not follow through with it, she was going to have to give up her job. Well now it looks like she will have to give up the job.

I don't think she took dh or the counselor seriously. Because we just found out that she was failing the two (almost 3) classes. The funny thing is, she was supposed to bring home these weekly reports signed by her teachers. She had been slacking the last few times, according to dh. Not bringing them home. I don't look at them so I don't know. It was supposed to help her be more accountable for her homework etc.

If she pulls D's she won't have to do summer school since a D is passing. But it is still not up to the standards set and no job. I guess that is where I have issue. What the heck is she supposed to do at home all summer if she isn't working??? Should I just teach her how to clean a house from top to bottom? How to cook? Not how I want to spend the summer.

So I know there has to be follow through, but this is looking grim for me. How can we still have a follow through punishment of some sort, but still let her keep the job???? Help me!

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz